Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fun Getaway


We have just returned from a trip to Las Vegas and Napa Valley. While Las Vegas is bright, sparkly, and exciting, it is the Napa Valley area that feeds my soul. We went early one morning to the Rutherford Hill Winery where they let you use their picnic tables. We were the only people around. (Go figure. I mean who else would be up at that hour?) As we sat there with steaming coffee watching the sun rise over this scene my heart filled completely with peace and joy. I wish for all of you such a place in time.




When we got to the rental car place at the airport in San Francisco, YC said, "Look for space B11." As I walked down the row, I kept thinking, "Please don't let it be that bright orange car!"
You guessed it. I don't know why it struck me funny, but it did. As it turned out it was a new Camarro and every time we came out of a restaurant or stopped at a gas station, at least two or three people came over to look at the car and talk to us about it. At least we matched the fall colors!




This picture is in honor of my friend Jamie Final who has never steered me wrong on a wine suggestion. This is the Frank Family Vineyard where we had some of the best red wine on the trip. It was absolutely the best port! Thanks Jamie.


I am still trying to get the hang of this blogging thing. I thank you for your patience.







2 comments:

  1. The trip looks wonderful, Rachel! And I completely agree with you: Jamie is the wine-expert amongst us. I am now completely in love with the Frank Fam Vineyard red zin.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that red camaro - I had a 68 back in the day - the car matches your red coat! Cheers to you - love that Frank Family Port.

    ReplyDelete